Available to order with 3 working day delivery in the UK.
In the deep woodlands of rural Wales, moss adorns every surface, wall and stone; enveloping the forest floor like a soft spongy carpet.
Almost otherworldly - the air is fresh and peaty and soft dampness lingers in the air. All around is a magical kaleidoscope of greens: pine, olive, fern, pea.
Our Mwsogl (Moss) blanket captures the beauty of this landscape, featuring a gorgeous soft subtle green mixed with oatmeal and ivory, in the traditional Welsh Caernarfon tapestry design.
- Knitted using the highest quality lambswool yarn
- Luxurious, thick, and extra warm
- A very useable slightly muddied grey-green, mixed with white and a dash of oatmeal
- Double sided, with the reverse colour way on each side - two blankets for the price of one!
- Soft and smooth to touch, perfect for snuggling in
- 100% biodegradable lambswool, and nothing else
- This is a truly luxurious blanket that will wrap you up warm and cosy!
- Knitted and hand finished with love and care
- Matching cushion also available
- Personalisation available - just select personalisation option and add the words that you would like embroidered on the corner of your blanket. Maximum of two lines with ten characters on each line.
- Gift box options
Size: Choose from: Throw 130cm x 110cm, or Bedcover 230cm x 180cm - perfect for a double or king sized bed, or a large sofa
Care: Wash as wool in cool water, or dry clean
Delivery: Available now - please select delivery option
“The whole sensation of rural Wales can be concentrated into one small patch of ground, a foot or two square, if that ground is Welsh enough: if it is lifted and ferried and mossed enough, that is, if its slab of stone is sufficiently mottled, if the earth is properly peaty and the air slightly mushroomy, and if even as you stare at it, it is plunged into shade by the movement of the clouds above, while a grey blob of Welsh rain falls quivering upon its boulder, and a sudden gusty wind swishes the reeds around its edges” Jan Morris.
About the maker: We design our blanket and textile collection from the Welsh Otter studio just outside Llandeilo in South Wales. To us, heritage is at the core of our designs - but with a modern twist for the contemporary home. We are inspired by vintage carthen and Welsh tapestry patterns, as well as traditional materials and techniques. We work with woollen mills and artisan makers across Wales and the UK to bring our designs to life. Sustainability is at the core of all our products - biodegradable materials are used and sourced locally where possible, and non-plastic packaging is used to deliver your final product.