Ordering, Delivery & Returns
- We endeavour to have all of our products in stock, however as many products are produced in small runs, occasionally something might not be available. In this event, please register your interest and we will inform you when back in stock.
- Please note that our product images may not be to scale, please check dimensions. As many of our products are handmade, each piece is unique and there might be some variation in colour or finish.
- Credit and debit card payments are processed securely by Shopify Payments. We do not store or handle any card data for orders placed online.
Within the UK:
- FREE delivery for orders of £80 or over
- For orders under £80 – a flat rate of £4.99 will be added to your order
- Delivery time for most items within the UK mainland is 4-5 working days
- Some items (e.g. bespoke items) may take longer, if so this will be communicated at the time of order
- International deliveries – the delivery cost will be calculated at checkout, depending on where it is going, for up to four items.
- Please note that for international deliveries customs charges may be also charged to you or to the recipient.
- For further information or queries about international deliveries please get in touch here
- Unfortunately, we are unable to ship to EU countries right now. We hope to reinstate this service soon.
- Where goods are delivered to destinations outside the UK by Welsh Otter these may be subject to taxes, fees, levies or other charges, which are imposed by local legislation.
The recipient of the goods is responsible for all customs formalities at importation, and will be required to pay any additional charges, including import duty, formal customs entry, taxes, levies and other charges. The recipient of the goods, who may not be the person who has ordered them, will receive a separate request for payment of these charges.
As we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be, we are sorry that we are not able to offer any assistance on these processes. We would advise that you check the imports charges applicable before ordering goods.
We’re sorry that we can’t deduct VAT when charging for goods.
- Items are dispatched on weekdays only
- We use DPD Local and Royal Mail for the majority of UK deliveries.
- Items are delivered according to DPD Local and Royal Mail policy.
- More expensive items may be sent via recorded delivery.
- If you have any questions regarding your order or the delivery, please contact us using the form below, quoting the order reference, and we will endeavour to get back to you within 24 hours.
- We endeavour to make sure that all products reach you safely and securely and we do everything we can to make sure our products are of high quality. However, we understand that there may be occasions when you wish to return something to us.
- We can offer returns on an item as long as:
- It is returned in a saleable condition, in original packaging with all accessories,
- Returned by the person who originally bought the item
- You inform of us of your wish to make a return within 14 days of receiving the item, and once you have told us, send us back the item within another 14 days
- You have proof of purchase
How to request a return:
- If you wish to make a return you must inform us via our returns form below, within 14 days of receiving your item. We will then get in contact with further instructions.
- If 14 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
- As we are a very small business, at the moment we are sorry but we are unable to reimburse the postage or packaging cost for items returned to us, unless the return is due to the item arriving to you damaged or faulty.
- If you have received a damaged or faulty item from us please let us know as soon as possible and we will help as soon as possible.
- Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
- If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied via your original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
- If you are shipping an item back to us with value of over £50, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Late or missing refunds
- If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us.
Welsh Otter Returns