The home of Welsh design
Croeso. I’m Kim, the founder of Welsh Otter. In 2017 I set about slowly restoring our 1800s farmhouse in a manner that was sympathetic to Welsh traditions and style. During this time I re-discovered an amazing world of Welsh design and craft; fabulous artisans producing exquisite products, and wonderful old traditions still thriving in the hills, towns and valleys of Wales.
We have scoured Wales for the best textiles and homeware, all created by talented makers and artisans.
It's about creating beautiful homes whilst also supporting local traditions, ways of life and heritage. As a small business, we are obsessed about providing an awesome experience for all our customers.
We are passionate about showcasing the very best of Welsh design and homewares via our emporium, helping others to share and enjoy, and ultimately supporting local heritage and ways of life. We work with artisans in Wales to curate, design and develop beautiful products that will stand the test of time.
Our founding principles:
- To support the rich design heritage of Wales whilst also evolving to create new timeless designs
- To focus on local and sustainable design, using traditional techniques where possible
- To source products that feel good, look good and do good
- To help our customers to create beautiful, cosy and quirky homes
- To unearth the unusual and unique
- To promote the beautiful and varied sights and experiences of Wales
Questions? Contact us
Kim Otterburn, Founder
P.S.: We do offer returns and exchanges. For more info, check our ’ordering, delivery & returns‘ page.