Welcome to a world of welsh design
Croeso. We are a family run business based in West Wales, and we adore Welsh design. Welsh Otter seeks to raise the profile of designers working in Wales through selecting and showcasing the best of Welsh produced homewares, textiles and gifts. We work with artisans in Wales to curate, design and develop beautiful products that will stand the test of time.
Discover a world of craftspeople and artisans, creating beautiful products across the valleys, mountains, cities and coasts of Wales.
Let's celebrate the traditional, the handmade, the heritage.
Hi, i'm Kim, the founder of Welsh Otter. In 2017 I set about slowly restoring our 1800s farmhouse in a manner that was sympathetic to Welsh traditions and style. During this time I re-discovered an amazing world of Welsh design and craft, and wonderful old traditions still thriving in the hills, towns and valleys of Wales. From this, Welsh Otter was born.
Here are my five promises:
- We back artisan suppliers: All our products are made by hand or using traditional techniques in Wales
- We support our customers: It is an honour to have you choose us and we don't want to let you down
- We believe in fair prices: We aim to be fair - both to our makers and to our customers
- We value sustainability: We avoid plastic in our packaging, our gift wrapping, and our products
- We adore Welsh Heritage: Let’s spread the word about the beautiful design on offer, and support our artisans to create the heritage of the future
Where are we?
Our headquarters are near Llandeilo, Carmarthenshire. All our products can be ordered online and are wrapped and packed from here. To visit us in person, come to our Tenby store, which has a small selection of the products you see online.
Find us a stone's throw from the harbour, next to Tenby Harbwr Brewery in Sargeant's Lane, SA70 7BQ.
Questions? Contact us
Kim Otterburn, Founder
P.S. We do offer returns and exchanges. For more info, check our ’ordering, delivery & returns‘ page.