Sale - Welsh Tapestry Bedcover Cennin Pedr - DaffodilWelsh Otter
Available to order with 4 working day delivery in the UK.
Our Cennin Pedr (Daffodil) tapestry bedspread contains yarns in yellow, grey and white. It is newly woven at a traditional woollen mill by Mike in Carmarthenshire, Wales.
- A sunny and happy yellow, that will brighten up a room and add a smile to your face!
- Named 'Cennin Pedr' or Daffodil, after the iconic flower of the same bright hue
- Woven in the traditional 'Caernarfon' geometric design
- Would look great teamed with grey, or navy blue
- A useful, adaptable fabric that captures the 'Welsh Scandi' vibe!
- Double weave - which means there is a different colourway on each side, depending on the look that you want for your room
- Beautifully woven in 100% wool
- Fringed on two ends
- The fabric is a heavier weight woollen with a close weave that is hard wearing. It designed to be used to go over a bed, or as a cover for a sofa or a chair, or can even be used as a floor rug with an appropriate rug underlay.
- Size: 225 x 255 - perfect to cover a double or king sized bed or sofa
- Care instructions: Cool wool wash
- Delivery: Please allow four working days
By purchasing this product you are supporting traditional crafts and makers in rural Wales.
About the maker: Mike has been operating his woollen mill for 40 years in the heart of Carmarthenshire. He is an expert in the weaving process, and his skills are second to none. He uses his faithful Dobcross loom 'Tom' to weave the Pennsylvania design, a loom which is approaching 70 years old! It takes around one week to set up the yarn ready for weaving in a particular colourway, involving the winding of the warp to go on the loom, and 2,532 knots to be tied. Each individual large bedcover takes half a day to weave. Mike's work has been vital to keeping the Welsh woven traditional alive and his craftsmanship shines through in his beautiful products.