Our platterboards have been made using Welsh sycamore wood from a Carmarthenshire sawmill.
Made next door to our studio in Tenby, Sergeant's Lane, by master furniture maker Alex Macdonald
- A sleek contemporary finish using the best quality Welsh sycamore wood
- Carefully selected pale wood with a naturally beautiful grain pattern
- Professionally finished with plant-based, solvent free oil
- A versatile platter for use as a cheese board, for bread or fruit displays, or as a plinth for candles
- Impressed with the maker's stamp on the base
Dimensions: 35cm x 20cm
Delivery: Please allow three working days for delivery
About the maker: Alex Macdonald works from the heart of Tenby to create his collection of domestic furniture. He has been designing and making furniture since 1993 and mainly uses wood moulding techniques. Through the design process Macdonald tries to understand and exploit the natural qualities of the materials he works with. His designs often have a light visual appearance and are made of non-exotic woods such as maple, beech, laminate or plywood. His furniture is made with ease of manufacture in mind. Alex's work has been exhibited in Japan, Paris, Italy and London.