Welsh Blanket Teddy Bear / BunnyWelsh Otter
Available to order with 3 working day delivery in the UK.
Our beautiful and huggable bears and bunnies are handmade in South Wales. Each one is carefully crafted from salvaged vintage blankets (or carthen) that can no longer be used due to damage or holes, giving the fabric a new lease of life.
Perfect for a timeless and special new baby gift, or for a child's birthday present.
- Made from vintage carthen (blanket) dated from 1900-1960
- Carries the CE Toy Safety label
- Acrylic safety eyes
- Embroidered cotton nose and smile
- Made in Wales
- Makes use of vintage Welsh blankets that would otherwise be discarded
- Each is unique
- Gift boxed
- Delivery: Please allow three working days
Our range changes regularly depending on the vintage blankets available. At the moment you can choose from the following:
- Rhosyn Bear (meaning 'Rose') - Pink, pale blue and white
- Rhosyn Bunny (meaning 'Rose') - Pink, pale blue and white
- Mintys Bear (meaning 'Mint') - Green, cream and brown
- Mintys Bunny (meaning 'Mint') - Brown, grey, navy and blue
- Copr Bunny (meaning 'Copper') - Copper, with blue and brown stripe
- Dylan Bear (meaning 'Of the sea') - Cream, with brown and blue stripe
- Alaw Bunny (meaning 'Melody') - Fawn, yellow, brown and blue
About the maker: Our designer Bethan produces her gorgeous vintage blanket teddies from her workshop in Crosshands, Carmarthenshire. Her skill with fabric and her attention to detail is second to none and is reflected in her beautiful designs. She is inspired by the vintage fabrics and tapestry of Wales, and looks for ways to incorporate these into her work.