Small Hand-thrown Green Rhedyn 'Fern' JugWelsh Otter
Available to order with 3 working day delivery in the UK.
The fern (or 'rhedyn' in Welsh) is a huge part of the countryside, woods and temperate rainforests across Wales. This small jug captures the feel of the Welsh countryside with a striking tactile fern frond effect on the outside carved into the beautiful green glaze.
- Created with love by our master potter in the hills of Carmarthenshire.
- The long process from throwing to glazing is by hand in the same workshop
- Each jug is handmade and is therefore unique, expect some (beautiful) inconsistencies.
- Hand thrown on a potter's wheel.
- The fern decoration is carved by hand. and hand carved.
- Great to use as a serving jug, milk jug, as a vase or purely as decoration.
- Team with our other ceramic items for a mix and match look.
- Dishwasher and microwave safe.
- Dimensions: Height: 14cm approximately.
- Delivery: Please allow three working days for delivery.
By buying this item you are purchasing a little piece of Welsh ceramic contemporary heritage and supporting rural artisans in Wales.
About the maker: Yoka designs and produces her unique range of ceramics from her studio perched high on a hill overlooking the Preseli Hills in South Wales. Her skill is born of a long love of clay and pot making, honed over the years to the beautiful products that we see today. For anyone interested in having a go themselves - she also teaches the basics from her stunningly located studio.