'Rhodri' Four Legged Oak Stool - No PadWelsh Otter
Available to order with 4 working day delivery in the UK.
Drawing on inspiration from traditional Welsh vernacular furniture, our beautifully constructed Welsh oak four-legged stool 'Rhodri' is perfect for use as an occasional seat or as a small side table.
- 'Rhodri' is an ancient Welsh name that also has links to roundness or wheels - reflecting the circular top of this little stool perfectly.
- Our stools are crafted using time honoured joinery methods in a contemporary style.
- Four angled legs crafted with mortice and tenon construction. A laburnum wood wedge forms a strong yet decorative joint.
- The timber top is finished with softly rounded edges that are pleasing to touch.
- Made from locally sourced sustainable Welsh oak and laburnum wood. For each order, will be able to provide you with information about the particular tree that was used to make your stool. All our timber comes from trees that have to be felled for reasons such as wind damage, or to make space for power cables.
- Professionally finished in house with water-based, solvent free lacquer that reveals the beautiful grain pattern in the wood.
- An optional upholstered seat is also available made from a choice of Welsh tapestry fabric, to be purchased separately. This seat pad can be removed and is attached to the top of the stool by a Velcro strap.
- Part of our 'Wood and Weave' collection - we use complimentary Welsh wool tapestry and local timber to create beautifully balanced furniture.
- Dimensions: Height is 44cm without pad, 47cm with pad. Diameter of seat = 30cm.
- Delivery: Please allow four days for delivery.
The inspiration: This design has evolved from the smaller three-legged milking stool, incorporating a fourth leg that allows for greater height in relation to its proportions. These useful stools are a great addition to the modern home; from occasional sitting at the dressing table, as a small side table, or even to provide extra places at a party.
About the 'Wood and Weave' collection: Locally sourced Welsh wool fabrics and woodland timbers combine to create beautifully balanced furniture, taking inspiration from traditional Welsh vernacular design whilst adding a contemporary feel.
- To work with natural, local and traditional materials
- To reveal the stunning beauty of both the wood and the weave, in combination
- Beautiful, thoughtful design – fit for modern living
- To create a collection of exquisite craftmanship, whilst also being accessible and affordable
We are sorry but international delivery is not possible for this item.