Rhic Red Hug MugWelsh Otter
'Rhic' is a Welsh word meaning 'nicks, notches or incisions'.
This beautiful mug features a striking tactile and unusual 'rhic' effect on the outside. The pattern has been painstakingly carved out in the clay by hand, and then hand painted in red.
- Hand thrown and painted by our master potter in the heart of the Carmarthenshire countryside
- The creation of a single item from throwing to painting is completed carefully in the same hilltop workshop
- Each mug is handmade and is therefore unique, expect some (beautiful) inconsistencies
- Team with our other ceramic items for a mix and match look
- Dishwasher and microwave safe
- Height: 18cm
- Delivery: 3-4 working days
By buying this item you are purchasing a little piece of Welsh ceramic contemporary heritage and supporting rural artisans in Wales.
About the maker: Yoka at Siramik designs and produces her unique range of ceramics from her studio perched high on a hill overlooking the Preseli Hills in South Wales. Her skill is born of a long love of clay and pot making, honed over the years to the beautiful products that we see today.