No Waste (Dim Gwastraff) Wool Small Throw - Dark GreyWelsh Otter
Available to order with 3 working day delivery in the UK.
This beautiful and colourful throw is made from yarn from the woollen mill that would otherwise go to waste. The yarn is collected and used to make the multi coloured warp (that goes straight down the middle of the loom), and combined with a block coloured weft (that goes across a loom from left to right via the shuttle).
We think the end result is beautiful!
- A muliticoloured warp teamed with a dark grey weft
- Finished with a lovely rainbow fringe on two edges
- A quality wool throw, woven with care in a small mill set in the heart of West Wales, still using the skills and traditions of the past 100 years.
- 100% british wool
- Lovely and soft and warm
- Gift boxed for that perfect present
- Size: Small size: 117cm x 150cm
- Delivery: Three working days
- Care instructions: Cool wool wash, or dry clean
About the maker: Mike has been operating his woollen mill for 40 years in the heart of Carmarthenshire. He is an expert in the weaving process, and his skills are second to none. He uses his faithful Dobcross loom 'Tom' to weave the Pennsylvania design, a loom which is approaching 70 years old! It takes around one week to set up the yarn ready for weaving in a particular colourway, involving the winding of the warp to go on the loom, and 2,532 knots to be tied. Each individual large bedcover takes half a day to weave. Mike's work has been vital to keeping the Welsh woven traditional alive and his craftsmanship shines through in his beautiful products.