Soft Welsh Wool RugWelsh Otter
Available to order with 4 working day delivery in the UK.
This one-off latch hooked rug is handmade by Rebecca Burton from natural undyed yarn sourced in Wales, and features a chasm design in shades of cream and grey.
The inspiration for the rug comes from the colours and textures of Rebecca's life in Wales, as well as from the wools themselves.
The wool comes from local Welsh fleeces that are all processed by hand: first they are hand washed, and then carded, spun, cut to length and then latchhooked. No harsh chemicals are used during this process.
- Made from 100% natural fibres.
- The rug is backed with a cotton rug canvas.
- This design is unique and can’t be repeated, as the natural colours in the yarns vary.
- The cream yarn is from 100% Charmoise sheep fleece, from Adfa, Powys.
- The grey yarn is from a mixture of Jacob, Ouessant (a French rare breed) and Texel sheep fleece, sourced locally in Wales.
- Suitable for use in a living room or a bedroom.
- The pile feels soft and warm on your feet and the wool is naturally hypoallergenic, water resistant, and dirt resistant.
- Made by hand using traditional methods – this rug takes over 40 hours to make.
- A one-off item.
- Size: Rectangle - 158cm x 93cm
- Care instructions: Wash at a low temperature, as wool.
- Delivery: Please allow four working days.
If you are interested in enquiring about a bespoke commission, please get in touch by emailing Kim@welshotter.co.uk
About the Maker:
Rebecca Burton started out doing Fine Art Sculpture in Bath, before working in Bristol and London on Regeneration projects. She has always made things, but only discovered rug making when her Gran gave her all her spinning and making equipment and materials. She signed up for a two day spinning course and became quickly hooked, and now creates her designs from her home near Welshpool, Powys. Rebecca is inspired by the beauty of Wales around her – including the shade of the sky over the local hills, the sudden bursts of colour in hedgerows, the landscapes and field outlines, and quirky finds in local shops. She has a Welsh Cob and when not making things, she will out and about with him, most often riding favourite routes over and around Mynydd Waun Fawr.
We are sorry but international delivery is not possible for this item.