'Fuchsia' Black, White and Deep Pink Tapestry BedcoverWelsh Otter
Available to order with 4 working day delivery in the UK.
Our 'Fuchsia' tapestry bedcover is woven in black and white yarn, with a dramatic pop of deep pink. It is woven in the traditional 'Caernarfon' design, at a traditional woollen mill by Mike in Carmarthenshire, Wales.
- Skilfully woven in 100% wool
- A large size, perfect for a bedcover
- The geometric design adds texture and interest to a room
- A beautiful and unusual blend of black, white and deep pink (a reddish deep pink)
- Wool is warm, is hardwearing, and is naturally stain resistant due to the fibre coating known as lanolin which protects from dirt
- Double weave - it is woven straight through so you can use both sides, with a different colourway on each side, depending on the look that you want for your room
- Fringed on two sides
- Size: 225cm x 255cm (90" x 102") - to cover a double bed, or a king bed up to the pillows
- Care instructions: Cool wool wash
- Delivery: Four working days
By purchasing this product you are supporting traditional crafts and makers in rural Wales.
About the maker: Mike has been operating his woollen mill for 40 years in the heart of Carmarthenshire. He is an expert in the weaving process, and his skills are second to none. He uses his faithful Dobcross loom 'Tom' to weave the Pennsylvania design, a loom which is approaching 70 years old! It takes around one week to set up the yarn ready for weaving in a particular colourway, involving the winding of the warp to go on the loom, and 2,532 knots to be tied. Each individual large bedcover takes half a day to weave. Mike's work has been vital to keeping the Welsh woven traditional alive and his craftsmanship shines through in his beautiful products.