Cwmwl Tapestry Cushion - WhiteWelsh Otter
Available to order with 3 working day delivery in the UK.
Exclusive to Welsh Otter - our limited edition Cloud 'Cwmwl' tapestry cushion is made from natural yarns in grey and white. The fabric is woven at a traditional woollen mill by Mike in Carmarthenshire, Wales.
- This beautiful cushion is skilfully woven in 100% wool
- The geometric design adds texture and interest to a room
- A beautiful and versatile blend of greys and whites that look good with any colour scheme
- Wool is warm, hardwearing, and is naturally stain resistant due to the fibre coating known as lanolin which protects from dirt
- Made from natural, undyed yarns from British sheep - and therefore chemical free
- Named 'Cwmwl' or 'Cloud', to reflect the soft grey and whites - reminiscent of the fast-moving clouds coming in from the Irish Sea above Wales, ever changing from white to grey, and back again!
- Includes a side zip, and a polyester cushion inner
- Size: 45cm x 25cm
- Care instructions: Cool wool wash
- Delivery: Four working days
About the design: The pattern design itself is known as 'Pennsylvania' and is unique to this mill. It was created in the 1980s by Mike himself in response to a commission from a customer in Pennsylvania, USA, and also remembers the hundreds of Welsh migrants that settled in along the Pennsylvanian coast from the late 1600s.
By purchasing this product you are supporting traditional crafts and makers in rural Wales.
About the maker: Mike has been operating his woollen mill for 40 years in the heart of Carmarthenshire. He is an expert in the weaving process, and his skills are second to none. He uses his faithful Dobcross loom 'Tom' to weave the Pennsylvania design, a loom which is approaching 70 years old! It takes around one week to set up the yarn ready for weaving in a particular colourway, involving the winding of the warp to go on the loom, and 2,532 knots to be tied. Each individual large bedcover takes half a day to weave. Mike's work has been vital to keeping the Welsh woven traditional alive and his craftsmanship shines through in his beautiful products.