Custom-made Welsh ceramicsWelsh Otter
We work with a master potter based in the hills of Carmarthenshire to bring you a stunning collection of ceramics. Each piece can be commissioned and designed for you, with delivery within 6 weeks of order.
Choose your perfect blend of colour and pattern for a special heirloom that is unique to you. Colour and pattern options are demonstrated in the pictures (please note the images are examples to provide an indication only). Each item can also be personalised with writing up to 10 letters in length (if you wish to add personalisation, please add this into the comments box at check out).
- The creation of a single item from throwing to painting is done by hand in the same workshop, a process that can take up to six weeks
- Each item is handmade and is therefore unique, expect some (beautiful) inconsistencies
- All items are dishwasher and microwave safe
Approximate size of Item options:
- Mug: Half pint capacity
- Large Jug: Height = 18cm
- Small Jug: Height = 12cm
- Teapot: Diameter = 14cm, length = 24cm (approx 3-4 cups capacity)
- Vase: Height = 15cm
- Salad Bowl: Diameter at top = 24cm
- Cereal Bowl: Diameter at top = 15cm
By buying this item you are purchasing a little piece of Welsh ceramic contemporary heritage and supporting rural artisans in Wales.
About the maker: Yoka, designs and produces her unique range of ceramics from her studio perched high on a hill overlooking the Preseli Hills in South Wales. Her skill is born of a long love of clay and pot making, honed over the years to the beautiful products that we see today. For anyone interested in having a go themselves - she also teaches the basics from her stunningly located studio. Click here to find out more.