Cyanotype Mounted Print - Cow ParsleyWelsh Otter
Available to order with 3 working day delivery in the UK.
This is a one of a kind cyanotype print mounted and ready to frame, created using local Welsh cow parsley (gorthyfail).
An ideal gift for gardeners, plant lovers and art enthusiasts. Cyanotypes are a made by a historical photographic process where chemicals are painted onto the surface of the paper or fabric, and then exposed to sunlight. The paper is then washed in water and the exposed areas of the paper turn a gorgeous Prussian blue.
- One of a kind, made with a single plant specimen so each print is unique
- Made by hand in Cardiff
- Prussian blue and white
- it is advisable to display the print away from direct sunlight, which could cause the print to fade
- The print with mount is 26cm x 30cm
- Printed on heavy weight paper
- Signed by the artist
- Comes with a mount and is ready to frame
About the maker: Sera Wyn is a Welsh artist working in Cardiff. Her practice focuses on highlighting the beauty of Welsh nature through old photographic techniques such as cyanotypes and Lumen prints. Recent successes include being awarded the Young Artist Scholarship in the National Eisteddfod and recently being featured in Period Living and Cardiff Life magazine as well as building a strong international client list.