Available to order with 3 working day delivery in the UK.
A vintage Creigiau pottery copper milk jug with a blue inside. Perfect for adding some Welsh vintage chic to a dresser!
- The copper lustre gives a lovely soft metallic sheen
- Estimated to date from the 1950-1960s
- A small size to use for milk, cream or sauces - or just for display
- Made by Creigiau Wales - a studio pottery based near Cardiff and specialising in traditional Welsh lustreware, and earthenware (often using grey glazes)
- Lustreware refers to a metallic glaze that gives an effect of iridescence, produced by metallic oxides in an overglaze finish. It became popular with the advent of gaslights, which accentuated the iridescent finish. Lustreware was often used as a centrepiece at parties or to add sparkle to a dark dresser
- Size - Two sizes available - Larger (10.5cm high), Mini (6.5cm high)
About Welsh Otter Vintage: We love the traditional Welsh farmhouse look, and know how a touch of vintage pottery or furniture can really add a wow factor. The trouble is - good vintage pieces can be hard to find without trawling antique shops and endless websites. We have put together our Vintage range of gorgeous pre-loved treasures, to help you add that little bit of uniqueness to your home. Each item is hand-picked to work well with the other items on our website. Many items are Welsh items, others are sourced in Wales but may have been made in other areas of the UK originally. But one thing is for certain - each item has a story and a history.