Alpaca Soft Welsh Cushion - Brown Wide StripeWelsh Otter
Available to order with 3 working day delivery in the UK.
This gorgeous super-soft cushion is made from alpaca wool collected from small family-run farms across Wales.
Alpaca are renowned for the quality and softness of their wool.
The fleece is washed, spun and then woven at a woollen mill based in North Carmarthenshire. This means the end-to-end production of this fabric - from shearing to weave - stays in South Wales, with very little additional materials used except the fleece itself.
- A beautifully soft and cosy cushion, made from alpaca carefully and ethically reared
- Spun and woven at a traditional woollen mill in Carmarthenshire, using traditional looms
- 100% wool outer, polyester cushion inner
- A completely natural fibre - no chemicals or dyes have been used to treat the wool and the natural colours of the yarn come through
- Wool is a natural insulator, is resistant to flame and static electricity, and is medically considered a hypoallergenic product
- Also available as a blanket
- Washing instructions: Gently handwash with cool water and wool detergent, or professionally dry clean
- Size: 40cm x 40cm, with a fringe on one side
- Delivery: Please allow three working days for delivery
About the maker: The award winning Curlew Weavers mill is located in a rural area of Ceredigion - found down narrow and winding ancient lanes. The mill was founded in 1961, and they currently specialise in commission weaving for rare and specialist breeders of wool, mohair and alpaca. These wools are processed from fleece to finished products under one roof (including scouring, carding, spinning and weaving), which is now a very unique capability in Wales. Roger runs the mill with vast experience in textiles acquired through a career in the field spanning 40 years.