'Aelwyd' Red, White and Black Tapestry BlanketWelsh Otter
Available to order with 4 working day delivery in the UK.
Bring a piece of Welsh heritage into your home with this large heirloom tapestry bedcover in striking shades of red, white and black, newly made at a traditional woollen mill. The bedspread is woven to the traditional 'Caernarfon' design, here in the heart of Wales.
'Aelwyd' means hearth, or fireside which historically is a big part of Welsh life. This blanket colour is inspired by cosy evenings in front of the fire, bringing a 'cwtch' or hygge feel to your room.
- A beautiful and iconic blend of red, white and black
- A useful, adaptable fabric that wears well
- Features the iconic 'portcullis' or 'Caernarfon' tapestry design
- Double weave and reversible - which means there is a different design on each side
- Beautifully woven in 100% wool
- Fringed on two sides
- Size: 230cm x 170cm (for the bottom of a double or king bed, or to go over a sofa)
- Care instructions: Cool wool wash
- Delivery: Four working days
By purchasing this product you are supporting traditional crafts and makers in rural Wales.
About the maker: Raymond and his team weave these blankets in the heart of Carmarthenshire in a traditional Welsh mill, on the banks of a babbling river. With over 50 years experience in weaving, Raymond's expertise and craftsmanship is second to none.