This cosy hot water bottle is made from soft lambswool - perfect for cuddling on cold evenings. Each cover is delicately knitted in the iconic 'Caernarfon' geometric design.
Afon/River is inspired by lazy days on the river bank - dappled shade and smooth pebbles. This is incapsulated in the rich, peaceful, and relaxing teal and clay tones our yarn.
Hot water bottles can be dangerous & cause burns if they are not cared for or used in the proper way. Please read our guides for filling, using and caring for your hot water bottle below.
HOW TO FILL YOUR HOT WATER BOTTLE SAFELY
1. When filling your hot water bottle, do not use boiling water. Once the water has boiled allow it to stand for a couple of minutes before filling your bottle. Filling a bottle with boiling water can cause splash back, which may cause burns.
2. When filling your bottle hold the bottle by the neck in an upright position and fill slowly to avoid water splashing back.
3. Only ever fill your bottle to a MAXIMUM of two-thirds capacity.
4. ALWAYS expel air from the bottle by lowering it carefully onto a flat surface until the water appears at the opening.
5. Screw the stopper sufficiently tight to ensure there is no leakage. Finger tight should be adequate.
6 Hot water bottles should always be filled by a responsible adult.
HOW TO USE YOUR HOT WATER BOTTLE SAFELY
1. DO NOT sit, lie on top of or put excess pressure on your hot water bottle.
2. To prevent burns occurring use a cover on your bottle and avoid leaving it in contact with one area of the body for more than 20 minutes.
3. Only use a hot water bottle to warm up your bed. Take it out before you get in. This helps to avoid accidental burns.
4. The use of hot water bottles by babies is not advised and children should be supervised.
5. People with sensitive skin or reduced feeling should use hot water bottles with care.
6. Hot water bottles can be dangerous and cause burns if they are not filled, cared for or used in the proper way.
7. Please follow the instructions given.
8. All our bottles are made with natural rubber, so please be careful if you have a latex allergy.
All our bottles are manufactured to British Safety Standard 1970:2012 and come with a guarantee against manufacturing defects.
It is advisable to replace your rubber bottle every 2 years to ensure that you are always using a bottle which is in good shape and safe. Rubber naturally deteriorates overtime and this natural process can be affected by how it is stored and used.