'Llinos' Three Legged Footstool - Welsh BeechWelsh Otter
Available to order with 4 working day delivery in the UK.
Drawing on inspiration from traditional Welsh vernacular furniture, our Welsh beech 'Llinos' footstool stool is a design exclusive to Welsh Otter. It is beautifully compact -perfect for use as an occasional seat or a place to rest your legs.
- 'Llinos' is Welsh for the little countryside bird the linnet, famous for its beautiful voice despite its small size.
- Our stools are hand crafted using time honoured joinery methods in a contemporary style.
- Made from locally sourced sustainable Welsh beech and laburnum wood.
- Three angled legs crafted with mortice and tenon construction. A laburnum wood wedge forms a strong yet decorative joint.
- The timber top is finished with softly rounded edges that are pleasing to touch
- Professionally finished in house with water-based, solvent free lacquer that reveals the beautiful grain pattern in the wood.
Part of our 'Wood and Weave' collection - we use complimentary Welsh wool tapestry and local timber to create beautifully balanced furniture.
- A slightly larger four legged stool 'Rhodri' is also available in the collection.
- Dimensions: Height = 36cm; Diameter of seat = 28cm.
- Delivery: Please allow four working days for delivery
The inspiration: Milking stools are a traditional part of Welsh vernacular furniture. Originally used to milk cows in the field or in the cowshed - three legs were common as they are more stable on uneven ground. It was important they were light and small for easy carrying. Later, these little stools could be found in most Welsh cottages in front of the fire, for a cosy place to sit and warm up. 'Llinos' incorporates some elements of these traditional designs - with slightly angled legs and mortice and tenon joints visible - updated for the modern home.
About the maker: This stool has been designed in collaboration with Welsh Otter by Daniel Harrison Furniture for our 'Wood and Weave' collection. Daniel Harrison is an award winning furniture designer maker, creating pieces from his studio near the coal-mining town of Ammanford in South Wales. Daniel uses traditional hand tools alongside modern digital machinery, essential for the contemporary furniture he makes. His deep respect for wood ensures that it’s natural beauty is celebrated and lives on in a new form for future generations. “I hope my furniture brings a sense of joy and meaning to others; I strive to do justice to the tree from where the wood came."
About the 'Wood and Weave' collection: Locally sourced Welsh wool fabrics and woodland timbers combine to create beautifully balanced furniture, taking inspiration from traditional Welsh vernacular design whilst adding a contemporary feel.
- To work with natural, local and traditional materials
- To reveal the stunning beauty of both the wood and the weave, in combination
- Beautiful, thoughtful design – fit for modern living
- To create a collection of exquisite craftmanship, whilst also being accessible and affordable
We are sorry but international delivery is not possible for this item.