Cwmwl Tapestry Table RunnerWelsh Otter
Available to order with 4 working day delivery in the UK.
Bring a piece of Welsh heritage into your home with this heirloom tapestry table runner in 'Cwmwl' - grey and white, newly woven at a traditional woollen mill in Carmarthenshire, Wales.
- Ideal for smartening up a table arrangement and injecting some 'Welsh Scandi/Hygge' vibe!
- Features a tapestry design known as 'Pennsylvania' that is unique to this mill
- Named 'Cwmwl' or 'Cloud', to reflect the soft grey and whites - reminiscent of the fast-moving clouds coming in from the Irish Sea above Wales, ever changing from white to grey, and back again!
- Double weave - it is woven straight through so you can use both sides, with a different colourway on each side (one side white background, the other side grey background), depending on the look that you want for your table
- Beautifully woven in 100% British wool
- Gift boxed
- Size: 180cm x 30cm approx
- Delivery: Please allow four days for delivery
- Care instructions: Cool wool wash, hang to dry
By purchasing this product you are supporting traditional crafts and makers in rural Wales.
About the design: The pattern design itself is known as 'Pennsylvania' and is unique to this mill. It was created in the 1980s by Mike himself in response to a commission from a customer in Pennsylvania, USA, and also remembers the hundreds of Welsh migrants that settled in along the Pennsylvanian coast from the late 1600s.
About the maker: Mike has been operating his woollen mill for 40 years in the heart of Carmarthenshire. He is an expert in the weaving process, and his skills are second to none. He uses his faithful Dobcross loom 'Tom' to weave the Pennsylvania design, a loom which is approaching 70 years old! It takes around one week to set up the yarn ready for weaving in a particular colourway, involving the winding of the warp to go on the loom, and 2,532 knots to be tied. Each individual large bedcover takes half a day to weave. Mike's work has been vital to keeping the Welsh woven traditional alive and his craftsmanship shines through in his beautiful products.